Family Eye Doctor
Are you looking for a pediatric and family eye doctor in TriCounty? At CHDC, we provide residents from Boyertown to Pottstown to Spring City, and everywhere in between, with comprehensive eye exams that include:
- A proper evaluation of your eyes and a review of any history of eye problems in your family.
- Evaluations of your near vision, and distance using an eye chart.
- Examination to find if there are any signs of astigmatism, farsightedness, nearsightedness, and presbyopia.
- Specialized testing to decide if progressive lenses or bifocals are necessary.
- Tests that determine your eyes' ability to work in tandem.
- Examination of the optic nerve and eye pressure tests to rule out glaucoma.
- Interior examination of your eyes to rule out cataracts and macular degeneration.
Glasses & Contacts
Our eye doctors ensure you get the glasses and contacts you need to make your daily life easier. Read a book, scroll on your phone, watch TV, drive, and do anything else you enjoy -- free of vision problems. You can get reading glasses, bifocals, daily contacts, and more at our vision center.
Why Kids Need Eye Exams
Keeping your children truly healthy, to us, means taking a Total Care Program approach. Eye exams are part of that approach. Undiagnosed vision issues can manifest in headaches, neck pain, and other health defects. Plus, it may affect their learning and performance in school.
Risk factors for children include:
- Low birth weight or family history of premature birth.
- Infections such as rubella, or diseases such as HIV occurring during pregnancy.
- Slow developmental process.
- History of eye disease in the family.
- Crossed eyes or turned eyes.
Flexible Payment Options
We accept most major insurances, including all PA Medicaid HMO's, DHS Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial plans. If you have no insurance, but still wish to visit a Provider, we can help! CHDC offers a health care discount program that is based on your family size and household income. Patients in Boyertown, Pottstown, and other areas who are eligible can receive discounts of up to 25%, 40%, 55%, 70% or 100% for services received at CHDC.