How to Setup an Email Account on Personal Computer
Setting up a free email account is pretty quick and easy. You can view the instructions below for setting up email accounts through two of the most common providers (Google and Yahoo!)*.
Setting up a Gmail Account (Google Email)
- Go to http://mail.google.com to open your new Gmail account. Click the “Create an Account” link.
- On the Create an Account page, start by filling in the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Desired login name (be sure to click on the check availability box to ensure you get the login name you want)
- Select an 8 character minimum password.
- Enter a security question from the drop down menu. Try to choose one that would not be easy for someone else to answer.
- Type in the answer to your security question.
- Select your Country location from the drop-down menu.
- Type in the characters that you see for the word verification.
- Review the Google Terms of Service. If you accept the terms, click on the “I accept. Create my account” button.
Setting up a Yahoo! Email Account
- Go to the Yahoo Mail home page.
- Click on the “Sign Up” link that appears near the top of the page.
- Enter your name and other requested information in the fields provided.
- Type the username you choose in the field provided. Check the availability of your username by clicking the box below that reads ‘Check Availability of This ID.’ Passwords must be at least 6 characters long and keep in mind that passwords are case-sensitive.
- Select a question from the drop-down menu as your security question.
- Enter your birth date, zip code and any other requested information in the fields provided.
- Verify your registration by typing the characters you see shown in the last section of the registration page into the field provided.
- Select ‘I Agree.’ You have successfully set up your Yahoo email account.
How to Set-up an Email Account on Android, iPhone and Tablet
How to set up email on Android phone or tablet:
- Click on the ‘display all apps’ icon and find the Mail app – it will be preinstalled on your Android phone or tablet.
- The next thing that you are going to need to do is select your mail provider.
- Once you have selected your email provider, you will then be asked to enter your email account details. Do so.
- Next you will be asked to assign a name for your email account. Android Mail lets you set up more than one email account.
- Some Android devices and mail providers will let you sync your contacts, and other information with the rest of your phone or tablet. If this is the case simply select the information you want to be synced with your Android phone or tablet.
- Send and receive emails from your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down to Mail.
- Tap Add Account.
- Select your email provider.
If you don’t see your email provider listed, tap Other > Add Mail Account.