RN- NURSE MANAGER
Reports to: CMO
FLSA status: Exempt
Unit Code: 200
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Chief Medical Officer performs overall Registered Nursing care, including triage for drop-in and telephoning patients, immunization administration and oversight, and supervision of the Medical Assistant Team Leads, Nurse Educator, Triage and Community Health Workers.
- Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Experience in case management, disease management, home health care nursing, hospital nursing or intensive outpatient education and self-management support preferred
Position Responsibilities: The Nurse Manager is responsible for all or part of these position requirements:
- Provides nursing services including: medications and injections to patients as directed by the providers; immunizations; referrals to other providers and community health resources; and health instruction to patients or following examinations
- Monitors patient flow and, in the case of patient overflow, assists medical staff in preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for exam, and taking of vital signs of patients. Performs other routine procedures (i.e., weighing and measuring), as necessary.
- Supervises all nursing functions at the health center site assigned including immediate supervision of other nurses to assure conformance with established standards and procedural requirements.
- Oversees and assists the MA Team Leads to adequately supply routine medical supplies; reorders supplies through established purchasing procedures.
- Maintains updated file of referrals and provides referral information to Medical Director.
- Triage all medical calls and drop-in patients for the health center.
- Participates in general and medical staff meetings as required.
- Oversees MA Team leads in preparation of staff schedules and assures that adequate coverage is provided to providers and health center sessions.
- Assist the Medical Director, Nurse Practitioner, and/or Executive Director on matters relating to nursing practices and participates in development of policies and protocols for patient care