Department: Outreach & Enabling
Reports to: Outreach Director
FLSA status: Non-exempt, hourly
Unit Code: 400
Advocate for assisting patients who are in need of medical and behavioral health, elderly care, substance abuse or welfare related services in order to achieve the best possible options. Case Manager is responsible to adhere to CHDC’s standards and policies while improving the patient’s overall quality of life.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in behavioral sciences preferred.
- A minimum of Associates degree in human services and/or social services required.
- Case management Certificate a plus.
- Two years of case management experience in a healthcare-related field.
Location: Attendance required at assigned CHDC site(s)
- Assist patients in obtaining medical assistance benefits among appropriate agencies through communication and detailed record keeping.
- Develop and maintain a patient plan through effective follow-up while working closely with Nurse Navigator and/or fellow associates in order to meet Health Center’s target goals.
- Participate in the development of strategies for identifying, approaching and providing education and self-management to patients through strong community collaboration.
- Address needs of the patient through direct service or referrals that include but not limited to; housing, financial aid, transportation, medical, mental health, social/recreational and spiritual concerns.
- Provide advocacy for patients to utilize resources while developing a referral network with community agencies as appropriate.
- Facilitate patient/provider communication as needed.
- Ensure that case management notes are clear and concise.
- Evaluate the quality of healthcare provided and report patient satisfaction by utilizing patient surveys, EMR reports and patient feedback.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed-upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ability to maintain and respect the confidentiality
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Should be a self-starter, highly motivated and possess a high level of confidence in order to work under stressful conditions and maintain a positive attitude
- Be respectful, patient and adept in cultural diversity