Reports to: QSR Supervisor
FLSA status: Non-exempt, hourly
Unit Code: 120
Position Summary: Schedules daily appointments for Medical//Dental Primary Care Family Practice patients
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant certification or degree preferred
- 2 years’ Medical/Dental office experience or background required.
- Operates main telephone, routes calls, takes patient messages, sets appointments according to protocol.
- Responsible for verifying patient’s current insurance at time of call.
- Informs patients of our Sliding Fee Discount Application and what would be required in order to apply.
- Provides patient services such as making daily reminder or cancellation calls when needed.
- Provides translation services as able and appropriate.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner consistent with maintaining a safe and respectful patient care environment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of office operations and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology in order to distinguish between different appointment categories.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills essential to use sound judgment when scheduling or routing a call appropriately
- Pleasant phone etiquette.
- Bilingual helpful.
- Ability to prioritize daily responsibilities and function independently.