Reports to: Controller
Unit Code: 140
POSITION SUMMARY: The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, financial reporting and analysis as well as other projects as assigned. The position will work under the administrative direction of and report directly to the Senior Staff Accountant.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary ledger accounts by verifying, allocating and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Revenue management and related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare, manage and reconcile balance sheet analysis schedules.
- Review general ledger coding of AP transactions, expense reports, purchasing card rec, etc.
- Working knowledge of online payroll systems.
- Working knowledge of an accounting software system.
- Performs other such duties as required and/or assigned by the Senior Staff Accountant and/or Chief Executive Officer.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
LOCATION: Attendance required at assigned CHDC sites(s)
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.