Dental Assistant (EFDA)
Reports to: Dental Director
FLSA status: Non-exempt – Hourly
Unit Code: 300
OSHA Hazard Level: High
Position Summary: Provides general dental assistant duties, taking and processing X-rays, Sterilization, placement of preventative or restorative materials limited to sealants, metallic and composite materials
- High school diploma,
- EFDA Licensure
- X-ray certificate
- CPR certification
- Dental office experience required
- EFDA experience preferred
- Bilingual/bicultural strongly preferred
- Adheres to the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed-upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.