Nurse Practitioner (CRNP)
Reports to: CMO
FLSA status: Non-exempt, hourly
Unit Code: 200
OSHA Hazard Level: High
Position Summary: Responsible for coordination & quality assurance of clinical programmatic & operational activities including diagnosis & treatment of illness, & patient education under medical protocols.
General Purpose: Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services; Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Operations Officer.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Family Practice highly preferred
- Current RN licensure in Pennsylvania
- Current Nurse Practitioner Certification in Pennsylvania
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a nationally accredited nursing organization.
- DEA Number preferred
- BCLS required
- ACLS preferred
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the health center.
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient.
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals.
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Supervises patient care by non-health center agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork/computer documentation to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines.
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participates in on-call schedule.
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities, as center shall from time to time reasonably request.
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance.
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained within 90 days of employment).
- Understands ethics of confidentiality.
- Previous computer experience or training preferred.
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines.