Behavioral Health Consultant – Pediatric
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
FLSA status: exempt, salary
Unit Code: 120
Education: Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience as a therapist; current license to practice in PA as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor; Competency in providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to patients with behavioral health/substance abuse issues in a primary care setting; Expertise working with children and families, using behavioral modification, ABA, and similar interventions.
Other: Ability to work some evenings, flexible schedule
Location: Attendance required at assigned CHDC site(s)
- Adheres to the organization's mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed-upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Provide brief, short-term interventions to medical patients in a PCP-BH role
- Able to see children, adolescents, adults
- Timely and accurate documentation, including EHR/EMR paperwork, notes, and communication with other entities and organizations.
- Travel and attendance in essential trainings and conferences.
- Work with the county, State, and HRSA according to needs of CHDC and its programs