April 3, 2020
Dear Colleagues, Patients and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of yourself and your family at this time. As the COVID-19 cases continue to rise it is essential to adhere to Governor Wolf’s stay at home order at this time and hopefully people listen to reduce spread.
We have some good news, we received 93 N-95 masks from a local business this week as well as gloves, gowns and a few face shields. Having these supplies will now allow CHDC to re-open its 802 Dental Suite on Heritage Drive to have limited Established patient visits for true emergencies after the patient is triaged. Here is the language from our approved protocol:
Established patients in need of emergency out-patient Dental services
- a. Cannot be treated by their Primary Care Physician
- b. Cannot be diagnosed over the phone by Dentist via Triage and needs x-rays
- c. Needs relief of abscess as determined by Dentist via Triage phone call with patient, other Healthcare Provider or colleague referral
Examples of a Dental Emergency Visit
- a. Swelling related to a dental infection
- b. Fever (only related to tooth pain or swelling)
- c. Pimple or bubble on the gum
- d. Pain-ONLY IF: IT STARTED WITHIN 24 HRS, KEEPS PATIENT FROM SLEEPING, OR A CHILD IS IN PAIN. Mouth pain that is not able to be tolerated with over the counter medication
- e. Lost temporary crown and tooth is hurting
- f. Broken front tooth/teeth (Child or Adult)
- g. Permanent tooth knocked out due to injury (Trauma)
- h. Uncontrollable bleeding
We will have 802 Dental Suite on Heritage Drive operational hours on Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm.
We also will be opening up for newborn visits and other true emergency visits for medical. We will triage the patients first and have our 700 Heritage location see patients only on Mondays and Fridays from 8:00am to 12:30pm.
We estimate with the supplies we have we can provide this service for about 5 weeks with very limited staff; however, this can change if we receive more PPEs.
Please take care and don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions. Please feel free to share this letter with whom you may feel it is important to have this letter. We will be posting this on our website and continue to provide social media updates and daily text messages to our patients keeping everyone up to date.
Bridgette McGivern, CEO
Community Health & Dental Care, Inc.