Provides general clerical support to primary care teams and general customer service for health center patients and visitors.
- Performs duties of Front Desk Secretary/Receptionist as needed (greeting patients and visitors, patient intake and input of all required registration information, scheduling appointments, etc.) at assigned area within the health center.
- Verifies and updates patient information at each visit (address, phone, insurance, etc.)
- Intake of insurance information and verification
- Management of patient flow
- Supports Billing Department by documenting correct billing information at the point of service (including eligibility verification, updating insurance information, and appointment tracking)
- Collects co-payments and payments from patients at the point of service. Also making sure that your cash drawer balances daily.
- Provides patient services, including resolving complaints, making daily reminder calls, etc.
- Operates main telephone switchboard, routes calls, takes patient messages, sets appointments according to protocol.
- Provides translation services as able and appropriate.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner consistent with maintaining a safe and respectful patient care environment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
Medical or dental office experience or background required
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.