The responsibility of the Mobile Dental Service Representative is to maintain a productive and efficiently scheduled appointment book. Someone who stays intimately connected to every patient that comes through the office and Mobile Unit. This will involve a very close working relationship with the Treatment Plan Coordinator as well as the clinical staff and other support staff.
- Performs duties of Mobile Oral Health Unit Front Desk as needed (greeting patients and visitors, patient intake and input of all required registration information, scheduling appointments, etc.) on mobile dental unit or at assigned area within the health center.
- Verifies and updates patient information at each visit (address, phone, insurance, etc.)
- Intake of insurance information and verification
- Management of patient flow on mobile oral health unit.
- Supports Billing Department by documenting correct billing information at the point of service (including eligibility verification, updating insurance information, and appointment tracking)
- Collects co-payments and payments from patients at the point of service. Also making sure that your cash drawer balances daily when assigned in office.
- Provides patient services, including resolving complaints, making daily reminder calls, etc.
- Makes routine calls, takes patient messages, sets appointments according to protocol, when assigned in office.
- Provides translation services as able and appropriate or with use of Stratus translation device.
- Assist Dental Treatment Plan Coordinator when Mobile Oral Health Unit is not in operation.
- Determine insurance calculations and discuss financial options with patient.
- Utilizes established documentation standards to maintain quality of care plan documentation to include patient progress toward and barriers to achievement of care plan objectives/outcomes.
- Develop communication and referral mechanisms to assure that there is seamless communication between CHDC and Dental specialist offices.
- Assist the patient in coordination of any additional tests, images and consults with specialists as deemed appropriate by the Dentist in developing the Care Plan.
- Assists dental front desk staff as needed.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner consistent with maintaining a safe and respectful patient care environment.
- Assists Dentist in role of dental assistant in providing quality dental care as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision, and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
Use of Personal Vehicle:
- Valid PA Driver’s License required
- Maintenance of state minimum insurance requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal education program in dental assisting strongly preferred.
- Completion of on-the-job training in the field required.
- Certifications and licensing as required by state if performing Dental Assisting duties in a dual role.
- Minimum 1-2 years dental office experience as dental assistant, patient coordinator or similar role.
- CPR Certification required
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.