Finance assistant provides the vital link between the accounting department, executive staff and individual departments. Assists Senior Accountant with everyday tasks such as billing, forwarding mail or filing invoices and other important documents. Processes bi-weekly payroll. Responsible for entering financial information into electronic accounting system.
- Ensures accurate billing and statistical data entered into electronic Accounting system.
- Performs data entry and processing of accounts payable, receivables and deposits of all funds received.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll in ADP
- Distributes mail
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Associates Degree in Accounting along with two years’ experience in accounting field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Two years minimum experience working in a in a financial accounting environment.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience required.
- Excel spreadsheets and formula knowledge required.
- Basic understanding of math, as well as proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Highly organized with knowledge of filing.
- Ability to be professional, analytical, capable of problem solving and able to follow the instructions as given by leadership.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills, both oral and written.
- Solid financial acumen and analytical/problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Requires one to be a team player with a positive attitude, highly motivated, a change oriented individual able to work with a variety of people at all levels as well as a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.