The CFO provides financial, operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the overall Finance Department and directly assists with strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of new funding.
The CFO will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors in collaboration with a high performing Strategic Leadership Team and be responsible for providing leadership and direction in the areas of finance, revenue cycle and supply chain. The CFO will develop, implement and evaluate new financial strategies aimed at improving operational performance for this Federally Qualified Health Center.
Collaborates professionally and effectively with all leaders in the organization.
• Supervises, directs and delegates the work of direct reports to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, quality standards, timelines, and CHDC policies and procedures.
• Directs and develops company policies; implements organizational policies, procedures and service standards in conjunction with other departments as it relates to Accounting and Patient Accounts.
• Participates in the development of strategic plans and programs.
• Supports the CEO in the interaction with the Board of Directors including attendance at all Finance and Board meetings.
• Collaborates effectively to explore revenue and cost reduction opportunities with CHDC staff as well as ensuring timely financial statements are produced each month by due dates and report financial summary data to Strategic Leadership Team and Directors as directed.
• Ensures compliance with applicable governing laws/regulations and guidelines such as HIPAA, GAP principles, 340b, HRSA FQHC Program requirements. ACO, grant regulations, health insurance regulations, etc.
• Evaluates, advises on and/or negotiates managed care contracting.
• Conducts grant reporting and performs provider-reporting responsibilities as needed.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long- range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions.
• Performance evaluation is based on Leadership Evaluation Management (LEM) goals being met.
• Other duties as required or assigned.
• HR Director
Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of progressively more responsible executive level experience in health care finance, strategy, and business development required.
Experience: Five years’ experience in a health care setting is required. Five years’ experience in a supervisory role with responsibilities in creating and/or maintaining high performing teams. Experience with developing balanced scorecards and leadership dashboards is essential. Experience in a FQHC setting is highly desirable.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.