Schedules daily appointments for Medical/Dental Primary Care Family Practice patients.
- Operates main telephone, routes calls, takes patient messages, sets appointments according to protocol.
- Responsible for verifying patient’s current insurance at time of call.
- Informs patients of our Sliding Fee Discount Application and what would be required in order to apply.
- Provides patient services such as making daily reminder or cancellation calls when needed.
- Provides translation services as able and appropriate.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner consistent with maintaining a safe and respectful patient care environment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
2 years’ Medical/Dental office experience or background required.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.