The Service Desk Coordinator is responsible for supporting the prioritization, assignment, and resolution of IT Service Desk tickets, utilizing ConnectWise. The Coordinator will perform the tasks and communications necessary to support activities within the service request processes. The role will also ensure the accurate assignment of priority and assignment group to IT Incident or Service Request tickets, escalate the ticket if necessary, and monitor SLAs for timely resolution. The Coordinator will review and verify the IT Service Desk SLAs and other performance-related data reporting on a regular basis to spot trends and identify areas of process or service delivery improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary responsibility is overall staff coordination, not direct technical/facility support.
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for coordinating service delivery.
- Manage ConnectWise calendar appointments for all technical support staff to coordinate project and support work maximizing utilization.
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Creation of service tickets for Technical and Facilities support staff.
- Tracks and manages location of all technical and facility support staff to ensure timely recording of all support activities and the resolutions of issues.
- Assist in the creation and processing of estimates and orders.
Primary Objectives & Responsiblities:
- Communicate with clients and staff to effectively schedule service tickets.
- Work collaboratively with clients, support (technical and facilities) staff, and management to avoid scheduling/prioritization issues.
- Maximize schedule efficiency and effectiveness of technical/facilities support staff.
- Creates new requests from phone calls and offers technical/facilities support to resolve simple/fast requests immediately when possible/practical.
- Schedule delivered equipment or software installation based upon estimated scope of work.
- Review/prioritize outstanding support requests.
- Assign and update ticket priority levels per company standards and based upon client feedback.
- Ensure that the right resources are assigned, that they have the appropriate information, time allocated, and any other resources required to do the job.
- While managing the schedule and/or rescheduling of any activities required to resolve tickets, also review the root cause behind any resolution delays, assignment rescheduling, etc. to ensure efficient work and timely issue resolution.
- Performs scheduling for routine pre-scheduled activity, on-demand requests, and emergency requests.
- Ensures that ConnectWise provides an accurate reflection of work scheduled on-site, remotely, or employee out of office.
- Coordinate rescheduling as needed to accommodate urgent support requests.
- Track and monitor staff location and availability.
- Ensures that ConnectWise calendar accurately reflects staff disposition (such as ensuring that on-site/remote status is accurate).
- Ensures that the company on-call schedule is current with on-call assignments.
- Maintain organization groups and teams in AD and Office 365
- Facilitate file management for organization to ensure streamlined access while limiting duplication and sharing of out of date material
- Manage and maintain the content on the CHDC Intranet hosted on SharePoint.
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- 1 year of IT or customer service experience.
- Medical or dental office experience or background required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the need for little supervision.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.