The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, financial reporting and analysis as well as other projects as assigned. Organizes and assists with controlling fiscal and management information systems functions of CHDC including payroll, AR/AP, purchasing, budgeting operations and grants/contracts; direct supervision of Staff Accountants and Financial Assistant. The position will work under the administrative direction of and report directly to the Controller.
- Responsible for the day to day general ledger accounting and reconciliation.
- Supervise Staff Accountants and Finance Assistant.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary ledger accounts by verifying, allocating and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Revenue management and related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare, manage and reconcile balance sheet analysis schedules.
- Partner with supervisor and leadership in budget preparation.
- Budget preparation and ongoing analysis.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
- Review general ledger coding of AP transactions, expense reports, purchasing card rec, etc.
- Demonstrates appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Regulatory reporting projects
- Working knowledge of online payroll systems.
- Working knowledge of an accounting software system.
- Performs other such duties as required and/or assigned by the Controller and/or Chief Executive Officer.
- Assists with treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting and purchasing functions for the organization.
- Prepares/assist with monthly ledger information, monthly financial reports, departmental reports, grant and contract budgets and total health center budget.
- Prepare grant billings and record transactions in the accounting software. Enter non-patient Billing Journal activity in the general ledger each month end for the applicable month’s transactions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred; Associates Degree with continued education and 4 or more years’ experience required.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.