The Human Resources Administrator is required to be extremely detail oriented and have practical knowledge and experience with HR processes, procedures, and policy interpretation. Must be flexible and organized, with experience in the Healthcare field. Credentialing of all clinical staff in compliance with policies and procedures. Confidentiality, attention to detail & policies are important in this position. Responsible for assisting in daily HR Administration through coordinating open enrollment of benefits as well as employee benefit questions and HR help desk related issues. Assists with completion of new hire paperwork, and other administrative HR tasks.
- Responsible for internal credentialing process for all clinical staff, meeting requirements for compliance of HRSA / FTCA and our Board of Directors
- Working closely with Credentialing Specialist to share information for insurance credentialing
- Processing privileging requests and assessments
- Ongoing monitoring of staff credentials, privileges and licenses
- Conducts data entry of new hire information
- Handles verifying pre-employment information, including, but not limited to, background checks, NPDB Check, OIG, education and license verification
- Responsible for the new employee process, managing the entry of new employees into the HR system and onboarding.
- Updating and maintaining HR System as required
- Assist with administration and tracking of employee benefits including open enrollment, new hires and change in life events.
- Assists with general human resources duties and maintaining HR personnel files
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in office management and/or human resources preferred
- CPCS Certification a plus
- 2+ years of Human Resources or Healthcare and Insurance Credentialing experience
- Prior experience in credentialing and a working knowledge of healthcare regulations and insurances
- Experience on CAQH
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent customer service skills to handle internal and external communications
- Medical or dental office experience or background
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Highly organized
- Ability to be professional, analytical, capable of problem solving and able to follow the instructions
- Excellent communication and interaction skills, both oral and written
- Analytical/problem solving ability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Requires one to be a team player with a positive attitude, highly motivated, a change oriented individual able to work with a variety of people at all levels as well as a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team
- Timely and accurate processing of employee verifications
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.