Reports to the CMO:
The MA is involved in both the clinical and clerical duties of the practice in order to deliver optimal patient care services within the scope of the medical assistant’s professional expertise. The MA may provide care which is considered routine, poses little potential hazard for the patient, involve little or no modification from one client-care situation to another, be performed with a predictable outcome, or does not inherently involve ongoing assessments, interpretations, or decision-making, which could not be logically separated from the procedure itself.
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for performing a variety of duties working collaboratively with the medical provider and care coordinators/site coordinator.
One to two years physician office experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification from accredited school.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Certification from formal training program required.
- Computer experience required, EMR preferred, NextGen Preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Certification by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) required.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.