To effectively and efficiently maintain practice billing and collections in a manner that will meet Practice financial objectives.
- Initiates authorizations for refunds with proper backup documentation.
- May compose correspondence pertaining to account activities
- Responds to patient inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Maintains approved patient payment plans for self-pay patients in conjunction with the established Financial Policy- Prepare and send to Emerald Collections.
- Develop reports of delinquent accounts for review by the Manager for subsequent referral to bad debt statuses.
- Review and update patient demographics; check insurance eligibility from on-line resources.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions and reading technical publications.
- Track and resolve missing fee tickets.
- Payment Posting – posting payments to practice management software, post collection agency payments and adjustments to accounts
- Work with billing and collection companies
- Retrieve EOB’s for payments received
- Scan and upload payments, EFT’s to portal for billing company
- Attend/lead regular meetings to track progress with billing and collection companies
- Review charges for accuracy
- Assist with denial management
- Make banking deposits
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Adheres to the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies regarding time and attendance.
- Complies with accepted dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Demonstrates reliability and trustworthiness.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
Must have at least a high-school diploma or its continuing education equivalent.
3-5 years plus medical or dental office experience or background required.
Must have extensive knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 codes. Knowledge of office operations and basic computer operations.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures (“Written Standards”). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the employee’s regular performance evaluation.
- Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing Instances of Non-Compliance Through Appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.