CHDC urges anyone interested in volunteering within our organization or the community to register with AmeriCorps. For more information, you may visit their website: www.americorps.gov or call: (202) 606-5000.
The following pledge is taken by AmeriCorps members, who promise to uphold the duties of their position, and reads as follows:
- I will get things done for America – to make our people safer, smarter, and healthier.
- I will bring Americans together to strengthen our communities.
- Faced with apathy, I will take action.
- Faced with conflict, I will seek common ground.
- Faced with adversity, I will persevere.
- I will carry this commitment with me this year and beyond.
- I am an AmeriCorps member, and I will get things done.
(Wikipedia excerpt, www.americorps.gov)